Today I had the pleasure of making genuine ultramarine blue oil paint. The pigment, powdered lapis lazuli, creates one of the most sought after blue paints in all of art history. It is a paint that Vermeer used extensively.
While I’m not going to share the paint (it’s expensive!), I will share these nearly pornographic photos of the the paint-making process.
Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health.
THIS IS PLEASING TO ME.
Jinlongshan, Harbin, China
*paints self red*
WE SERIOUSLY MISSED THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE PURPLE FUCKING CARROTS!??!?!?!
The Most Beautiful Trees in the World
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon. Photo by unknown.
- Red maples trees path. Photo by Ildiko Neer.
- Most beautiful wisteria tree in the world. Photo by Brian Young.
- Yellow autumn in Central Park, New York. Photo by Christopher Schoenbohm.
- Amazing Angel Oak Tree, Charlston, Photo by Mark Requidan.
- Cherry blossom tree path, Germany. Photo by Shoeven.
- California in autumn. Photo by Mizzy Pacheco.
- Jacaranda trees in bloom, South Africa. Photo by Falke.
- Ponthus beech tree in Brocéliande forest, France. Photo by Christophe Kiciak.
- Beautiful cherry blossom road. Photo by unknown.
Magic forest (by EliseEnchanted).